Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So much this last month...

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting this last month. We have just been so busy. Right after Forrest turned 4 months he got his first ear infection. He did fine but I didn't discover anything was wrong until after the pediatrician's office had closed so we had to go to urgent care. After 10 days of anti-biotics he was MUCH better.
We have also started going to a Gymboree class. We can go as often as we want at either one of their locations. We are really excited about this because they work on a lot of developmental things in the classes which will be great in helping him to catch up. It is also a great place for me to meet some other moms.
The biggest accomplishment this last month is that about 3 weeks ago he started sleeping through the night. I feed him and put him to bed around 7pm and then at 10:30pm I feed him again before I go to bed. He will then sleep until 7am or 8am. It is great! The only problem is that he is not much of a napper. It is very rare that he will nap for more than 30-45 minutes. I guess I would rather have him sleep through the night than nap though.
As you can see from the pictures he has turned into a very smiley boy. He is also extremely talkative. He seems to always have a lot to say. We are trying to figure out where he gets this from. ;)
Aunt Abby was in town last week. She stayed with us a few days and we had a blast. Forrest loves his Aunt Abby. She also took about a million pictures so as soon as I get them I will share.
Forrest got to go to two big family parties the weekend of April 16th. My grandfather turned 87 and we had a great dinner for his birthday. Forrest did great at the party for his namesake. It was the first time some of the family had met him and his first visit to the country club. He loved looking at all the lights. It was really funny. The next night we went out to my Aunt and Uncle's house to celebrate my Uncle's 65th birthday. Forrest loved it and had fun playing with and talking to all his second cousins. At one point all five of them were sitting around him and he was smiling and talking to them.
I just can't believe he is 5 months old. It seems like the time has gone by so fast. It seems like forever ago that we were sitting in the NICU wondering when we would ever get to take him home. We have finally reached the point where he has been home longer than the time he was in the NICU. He is completely healthy and is gaining weight really well. As of today he is 12 pounds and about 22 inches long. We are so thankful for everything God has done in his life and in ours as well.

1 comment:

Evie Riek said...

Katie - so glad to hear that your Little MAn is getting bigger every day! He actually looks like a little chunk in some of the pictures! God Bless you all, and I hope your First Mother's day was everything you hoped it would be!