Sunday, January 9, 2011

An Update on the Grittons

So a lot has gone on since I last updated the blog. Forrest turned one on November 27th. I still have a hard time believing that he is one. He is everywhere now. He has been crawling since a week or two after his birthday and can now crawl like lightening. He is pulling himself up on anything and everything. He will cruise around all the furniture but has yet to take a step or really stand for any length of time on his own. He does seem to be perfecting his "dismount". He practices falling just the right way on his bottom all of the time. He is a very happy baby. Always smiling and laughing. He babbles all of the time but doesn't seem to be saying anything at this point, although he does seem to say "mama" when he is frustrated with me or really upset about something. When we went to his one year appointment he weighed 20 pounds and was 28 inches long. This puts him in the 15th percentile against other kids his age (not on the preemie chart, but kids born at the normal time). This is excellent. He is progressing very well and there are no concerns with his development. In fact, they are really happy with his progress and how well he is doing and say that other than being a little bit small you can't even tell that he was born as early as he was.
Garrison turned eight years old on December 20th. That seems crazy to me too since he was three getting ready to turn four when I met David. He decided to forgo a birthday party with us and wanted to have a night with just David and I. We took him out to dinner, just the three of us, and then we spent the night at a really fun hotel. He loved being the only kid for just one night and of course staying at a hotel had its cool factor too. :)
David is working very hard so that I can stay at home with the boys. He had a few interviews with a great company here in Kansas City, YRC. They told him they are really interested and would be in contact. We are praying and waiting for an offer letter any day now. It would be such an answer to prayer for him to get this job.
I have gotten involved in MOPS, which is Mother of Pre-schoolers...which is for mothers of kids of all ages. We meet twice a month and I have met some really fun women. We do some fun stuff and get to have some great discussions. I am really enjoying it. I am also working on a project for 2011 called Project Life - Picture of the Day. I am attempting to take a picture every single day of something that is going on in our lives that day. Every one of those pictures will go in a big binder so that at the end of the year I will have one big scrapbook of our year. If you are my friend on Facebook, you have already seen some of the pictures that I have taken. I will try and post some of them out here too. I am really excited about this project since I have very little time to actually scrapbook events that happen.
I am really going to try and make an effort to do better at posting on the blog. I am making it one of my resolutions for the year. Hope things are going well for everyone.

No comments: